From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Linux interfacing MSSQL7
Date: Sep 23 1999 2:32PM

Marek fastcom writes:

 > I'm attempting to interface Linux RH6 with MSSQL7.
 > Previously I have succesfuly installed Sybase ASE
 > (suplied with RH LACD).
 >
 > For the iterface to work, I assume there are other modules to be
 > installed.(dbi-1.13.tar.gz / dbd-sybase-0_20_tar.gz  ... or later).
 >
 > Can you please suggest which from the above files do I need to install. (If
 > both what is the install order)

The default version of MS-SQL 7 will not work with the Sybase Client
Libraries (which are used for DBD::Sybase and Sybase::CTlib). What
*will* work is the Sybase::DBlib module (part of sybperl).

Get sybperl 2.11, and add -DMSSQL to the EXTRA_DEFINES line in the
CONFIG file, and you should be on your way.