From: collardp at rabo-bank dot com
Subject: RE: Datetime data issue
Date: Sep 22 1999 8:29AM

Sybase have been messing around with this in different ebfs

SwrID  BugID  Description
-----  -----  -------------------------------------------------------
8501  196502  A change to the comnlib date routines changed the
                  default from datetime (with milliseconds) to
                  smalldatetime (no milliseconds).  ESQL needs to be
                  changed to restore dates in datetime format (with
                  milliseconds).

7033  122433  COMNLIB: Default conversion format from a char type to
                  date type has been changed from DATES_LONG to
                  DATES_SHORT ( doesn't have secs and milli-secs)

you can do something like "convert(char(28),mytime,109)" to get the full
monty in all cases

Regards
Peter Collard (x3863)
Senior Sybase DBA
Rabobank UK

The views expressed in this correspondence are those of the author and
do not necessarily represent those of Rabobank International