From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: DBA Stuff
Date: Sep 15 1999 11:49PM

David Hajoglou writes:
 > I subscribe to several lists (php, mod_perl, bind, linux ...) and the
 > mod_perl and php lists both condone the posting of legitmate job
 > announcments.  There is no discussion on them, just the one posting.  I
 > think it is a good way to spread the word.

I'd tend to agree (the SYBASE-L list has a similar attitude...)

As long as the job postings are relevant, and don't get too frequent I
think they can be tolerated.

However there will always be users who forget or don't realize that
the reply-to: field is set to the list itself, and who will simply
reply to the list rather than to the poster. That's just something
we're going to have to live with, but which the posters of job offers
should be especially aware.

Michael