From: Steven Cruz <steve at nextopia dot com>
Subject: Re: Cursors and overhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Date: Aug 31 1999 2:47PM

"BAHRI, SOFIENNE" wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using sybperl to connect to a sybase database. The user fill a form
> and then subit the query to the cgi. the problem i have is that i get so
> much rows(about 1000) and the browser stay a long time to display the
> rows. what i would like to do is to have a buttom (Next)on my page of
> results and each time the user press next he gets for example the 10
> other records displayed in browser.
>
> Any Help will be Appreciated

Hello;

	The problem is with CGI that their is no idea of a session. :( thus you
may have to run your query several times. What I have done is used
CS_OPT_ROWCOUNT option to only return 10 the first time, 20 the next
time.  You just need to keep track of page size and page count.

	You could also take all your results dump it into a temp file and read
from that. It would save repeated database hits.

8-)
Steven Cruz