From: "Sheree A dot Hemphill" <sah18 at po dot cwru dot edu>
Subject: text field insertion being truncated
Date: Aug 27 1999 8:31PM

I have a series of text files that I need to insert as records into a text
field.  I am using the following stops to accomplish the insert:

I open the text file to be inserted.
I copy the contents into an array:
	@genbank = ;

Then I insert the text into field TEXT (along with a variable for field AC)
as follows:
	if ($fn ne "error") {
		$dbh->ct_sql("insert into SOURCESEQ (AC, TEXT) values
('$fn','@genbank')");
	}

I close the file & repeat the above steps for a series of these file.

The problem I am having, is that the text I am inserted gets truncated when
I look at the field in sybase.  Is there a maximum that sybperl is able to
transfer with the above query?  Any other ideas on why this might be
happening?

Thanks in advance!

Sheree