From: Jie Gao <J dot Gao at isu dot usyd dot edu dot au>
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Sybperl_doesn=B4t_work_in_CGI-script?=
Date: Aug 17 1999 10:30PM

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Philipp Ross wrote:

> On my workstation Sybperl works very well but not on the server where
> the CGI-scripts I wrote are supposed to run. On both machines I
> compiled perl 5.00503, sybperl 2.10 and apache 1.3.6. The system is
> based on SUSE-Linux 6.0. And both machines have the same version of
> Sybase libraries and includes. What else is important for the
> behavior of Sybperl?
>
> Most surprising, the sybperl works even on the server if the script is
> run from the commandline but not as a CGI-script. The Environment-
> Variable SYBASE is set in http.conf on both machines.
>
> CGI-scripts do not even try to connect to the Sybase Server. dblogin()
> fails before. I canīt get the server to tell me whatīs going wrong. I
> know i should use a message handler, but i donīt know how. Could someone
> please edit the test-script below? (sorry for that)

If you are using conventional CGI, chances are the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set
by the Web server. You can either set it up in your httpd.conf, or if you
want that for the reason of messing up other programs, you'd have to write
a shell wrapper for it.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/open_client/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Jie