From: Philipp Ross <phil at happyross dot de>
Subject: Sybperl doesnīt work in CGI-script
Date: Aug 17 1999 8:29PM

Hello!

On my workstation Sybperl works very well but not on the server where
the CGI-scripts I wrote are supposed to run. On both machines I
compiled perl 5.00503, sybperl 2.10 and apache 1.3.6. The system is
based on SUSE-Linux 6.0. And both machines have the same version of
Sybase libraries and includes. What else is important for the
behavior of Sybperl?

Most surprising, the sybperl works even on the server if the script is
run from the commandline but not as a CGI-script. The Environment-
Variable SYBASE is set in http.conf on both machines.

CGI-scripts do not even try to connect to the Sybase Server. dblogin()
fails before. I canīt get the server to tell me whatīs going wrong. I
know i should use a message handler, but i donīt know how. Could someone
please edit the test-script below? (sorry for that)

thank you,
Philip

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use Sybase::DBlib;
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

$dbh = Sybase::DBlib->dblogin("user", "pwd", "server");
$dbh->dbcmd("SELECT Artikelnummer FROM DBA.LSVLautsprecher");
$dbh->dbsqlexec;
$dbh->dbresults;

print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
while (%data = $dbh->dbnextrow(1)){