From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: Sybperl hangs on NT
Date: Aug 10 1999 5:47PM

I'm running Sybperl under ActivePerl 5.17 (Perl version 5.005_03) with open
client version 11.1.1 EBF 8060.

On a couple of our servers, the "new Sybase::DBlib" command hangs
occasionally.  Very frustrating, because it causes the whole script to hang,
and since these scripts are being run as jobs on a scheduler, we don't find
out about it until its allotted runtime has passed.  Since this can happen
at any time of the day or night, it frequently wakes us in the middle of the
night.

I've tried reinstalling Open Client, Perl and Sybperl.  Nothing has helped.
An earlier version of Perl had the same problem.

The oddest part, aside from the fact that it only happens sometimes, is that
it only happens on two or three machines.  All of our machines are running
the same version of NT Server 4.0 with service pack 4.

Any help is *greatly* (I can't express it enough) appreciated.

Regards,

Steve
--
Steve Wechsler/Senior DB Administrator/Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
WechslerSM@bernstein.com