From: Oliver Scheit <oscheit at quoka dot com>
Subject: only one record in table
Date: Aug 2 1999 12:14PM

Please excuse my bad knowledge about this.

I have a table where I can insert one record.
If I try to insert a second record, I get:

Message String: Can't allocate space for object 'net_hw' in database
'db2' because the 'default' segment is full. If you ran out of space in
syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or
sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.

Server message:
Message number: 7101, Severity 17, State 1, Line 1
Message String: Unable to allocate new text value, dbid 5.

I don't really understand, what is wrong.
Also, I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do.
How can I find out whether I ran out of space in syslogs or not?
How to dump the transaction log?

If anyone could find the time to give me a hint,
I'd be grateful.

Regards,
Oliver Scheit