From: John_Erjavec at cargill dot com
Subject: library path information
Date: Jul 30 1999 8:34PM

     All-

     I have a question for all of you.  We have Sybperl on all of our
     production sites, and it was compiled against a Sybase in
     /opt/sybase11.  We moved $SYBASE to a different location in an
     upgrade, and will be doing so to all our other servers.  When we
     tried to run a Sybperl script, it died because the library .sl files
     were looking for stuff in /opt/sybase11/... and the new paths were
     different.  Temporarily, we put a symlink in to do the redirection
     for us, but I don't like that solution long term.  We could
     recompile, but we have a number of remotes, and would rather not do
     that if possible.  Is there any way to tell the .sl file to look in
     another location on an HP-UX machine?  Thanks for any information.

     -JEV