From: Zahed Iqbal <zahed dot iqbal at sonera dot fi>
Subject: CGI error with CTlib
Date: Jul 30 1999 3:06PM

Hi !
Using Sybase::CTlib with perl5.004  I got the following errors when
running as cgi script (the program runs fine from command line).

The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization
files!! One or more following problems may caused the failure Your
sybase home directory is
/data/usr/sybase. Check the environment variable SYBASE if it is not the
one you want! Cannot access file /data/usr/sybase/config/objectid.dat
Sybase::CTlib
initialize: cs_ctx_alloc() failed at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm line 185. BEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at
/data/usr/netscape/suitespot/bin/list2.pl line 12.

/data/usr/netscape/suitespot/bin/list2.pl line 12  is   " use
Sybase::CTlib  ; >"
and
/usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm line 185 is
"&$xs(@args);"

In my system I  see Sybase in two location (/data/usr/sybase running as
nobody and /sybase running as other)
During sybperl installation I have tell that my $SYBASE is /sybase and
the installation went smoothly. I have executed some sybperl script from
the command line it was fine.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

regards
- Zahed