From: "Dan Page" <Dan dot Page at notes dot fairchildsemi dot com>
Subject: Re: CGI error
Date: Jul 29 1999 6:04PM

I had the admin add the path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and still got the error. Any
other ideas?
Thanks

Dan

Michael Peppler  on 07/29/99 10:38:54 AM

Please respond to SYBPERL-L@listproc.net

 To:      SybPerl Discussion List

 cc:      (bcc: Dan Page/SouthPortland/Fairchild)

Dan Page writes:

 > I tried setting this variable before the use Sybase::DBlib statement and
still
 > got the error; Do I need to get the web admin involved to set it there. We're
 > using Netscape Enterprise server.

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH can only affect children of the current
process, not the process itself (because it would has to affect ld.so
(the dynamic loader) and you can't do that from within a running
process).

So yes you need to get your admin incolved...

Michael