From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: always failing in INSERT
Date: Jul 26 1999 9:53PM

J.H.P writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I always fail in inserting.
 >
 > I use LInux version of ASE 11.0.33.
 > I have installed it with SYBASE as an SQL server.
 >
 > I use DBI:Sybase;database=SYBASE
 >
 > And then I created a table called TEST.
 >
 > Then I always fail at the following:
 >
 > $dbh->do( "INSERT INTO TEST values ( $sub_title, $sub_funcion, $sub_version,
 > $sub_content, $sub_contact )" )
 >       || print "\n Failed to insert
"; > My guess is that you have a SQL syntax error due to quoting issues. Add {RaiseError => 1} to your DBI->connect() call (see the DBI docs for details) to see what errors Sybase is returning for this. Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-list@isug.com