From: "J dot H dot P" <jong at ebi dot ac dot uk>
Subject: Re: always failing in INSERT
Date: Jul 25 1999 4:15PM

Hi,

Thanks a lot. Your advice was really good as I now know
what is going on.  I use 'sybase' account and checks
database creation.

Could you also tell me how I can check if

database
table

exist?

Thanks,

Jong

> A suggestion would be build your entire SQL statement in a variable prior to
> executing it. Then display the statement prior to execution. If you don't
> see any errors, cut/paste the SQL and run that exact SQL in whatever tool
> you use. Verify the exact same SQL you are running through SybPerl runs in
> your standard SQL Editor.
>
> Check and make sure your strings are quoted.
>
> David

"; > > Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? > > Thanks, > > Jong > > -- Jong Park : a Biology student -- Tel work: +44 1223 49-4613 > > BioPerl Conference with ISMB 99 in Heidelberg ==> > > http://bio.perl.org/bioperl-99/ -- Jong Park : a Biology student -- Tel work: +44 1223 49-4613 BioPerl Conference with ISMB 99 in Heidelberg ==> http://bio.perl.org/bioperl-99/