From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Possibility of memory corruption
Date: Jun 23 1999 7:01AM

I've just discovered that there is a possibility of memory corruption
With sybperl 2.09 and later if you use the UseDateTime, UseMoney or
UseNumeric attributes.

When using these attributes then data of type DATETIME, MONEY or
NUMERIC (respectively) is returned as various perl objects, with
additional functionality.

It seems that in certain cases this feature can cause memory
corruption of the internal perl memory manager. I don't have a
solution for this yet.

However, if you don't use the UseDateTime, UseMoney or UseNumeric
attributes you will not be affected by this problem.