From: Dave Edwards <ITSDSE at qe2-hsc dot ns dot ca>
Subject: Slightly off topic
Date: Jun 22 1999 5:00PM

Hi there SybPerlers,

I have a slightly off-topic question.  I have made a script that parses through the Sybase server log and looks for errors.  It then prints them out in HTML form so I can view them on my web browser.  Everything works great - except when I try running it under the WindowsNT AT scheduler.

>From the command prompt, I can call the .pl file directly, from a batch file, from a batch file calling another batch file that calls the ,pl file, etc., etc.  It works without fail from the command line.

Anything I do from the AT scheduler doesn't work.  I get "Use of uninitialized value at " no matter which way I try it.  Has anyone had this kind of experience before?  I have another perl script that I run from the AT scheduler and it works without fail.

Maybe it doesn't like my Perl/SybPerl programming :-)

Thanks.

Dave Edwards
System Analyst
QEII Health Science Centre