From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: Info needed
Date: Jun 22 1999 5:00PM

Goyal, Prashant writes:
 > I tried to use the following piece of code
 >
 > #!/opt/local/bin/perl5
 > use Sybase::DBlib;
 > $sybaseLogin=Sybase::DBlib->dblogin(pcsgloss, pcsglossQ, LNPCQSS01);
 > $sybaseLogin->dbuse($trd_dbproc, PCSa_trd_Q1);

The $sybaseLogin variable is your new $trd_dbproc, so change that
second line to

$sybaseLogin->dbuse('PCSa_trd_Q1');

Also, you will save a *great* deal of time if you add the -w switch to
your #!/opt/local/bin/perl line, and if you add

use strict;

at the top of your script.
It will point out a lot of stuff that could potentially be wrong. See
perldoc strict for details.

Michael