From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Info needed
Date: Jun 22 1999 2:17PM

Goyal, Prashant writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 >   I am glad to find your site.
 >
 >  My issue:
 >    It has been told to us that sybperl is non-Y2k Compliant .

Who told you that?

 > So All the
 > perl scripts are asked to be changed to Sybase DBlib.
 > A sample format of our scripts are :
 > require "sybperl.pl";
 > require "Sybperl_path.pl";
 >
 > $dbuse.....;
 > &dbcmd..;
 > &dbsqlexec...;
 > &dbresults ...;
 >
 > Can you please let me know if the statement that sybperl being used in the
 > above format is non -compliant. If so , then what is the best way to do it.
 > Is it that if i change just the require statement as " use Sybase::Dblib"
 > all the functions work. Please any pointers to the above would be
 > appreciated.

Your scripts may actually work out of the box, as long as you always
use the &dbXXX(...) form (ie, always include the ()), and that you
always require sybperl.pl.

However, if you don't have too many scripts I would recommend that you
re-write them to the Sybase::DBlib format, which would be

use Sybase::DBlib;
require 'sybutil.pl';   # for error handlers

$dbh = Sybase::DBlib->dblogin($user, $pwd, $server);
$dbh->dbuse(...);
$dbh->dbcmd(...);
$dbh->dbsqlexec();
$dbh->dbresults();

etc...

See also the information in the sybperl man page, and on my web page
(see my .sig below).