From: John_Erjavec at cargill dot com
Subject: return codes for Sybase::BCP functions
Date: Jun 15 1999 10:02PM

     All-

     I am writing an app. that will copy rows from one table to another
     (and from one remote server to another remote server).  It is really
     important that nothing gets lost in here anywhere.  I am using
     Sybase::CTlib to copy the rows out into a file, and Sybase::BCP to
     BCP them back in.  I am trying to error check all lines of code, and
     so was looking at the return codes from config() and run().  They
     both seem to return values of 1 no matter whether they work or not.
     Is this correct, or do I need more sleep?  (Though I suppose the two
     questions are not mutually exclusive. *g*)  Should I just have a
     custom error handler, and not worry about checking the individual
     lines?  Any suggestions out there?  Thanks.

     -JEV