From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: Mystery error message to STDERR
Date: Jun 15 1999 5:51PM

I seem to be encountering an error message that the message handler is not
catching.  I'm doing a series of inserts into a table.  When I get a
duplicate, I get a 2601 (duplicate record) in the error handler; no mystery
there.  Immediately after that, I get a 3621 (command has been aborted),
again, no mystery.  Directly after that, though, I get the error text:

DB-Library error:
        General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server

which is sent to STDERR.

I can't figure out where this message is coming from: it's not from either
the message handler (which sends all its output to STDOUT rather than
STDERR) or the error handler (which aborts the program).  Both handlers were
written by me, and are fairly simple (if message, check severity; print, set
flag and return as appropriate; if error, print message and exit).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
--
Steve Wechsler/Senior DB Administrator/Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
WechslerSM@bernstein.com