From: "Ellery, Michael BGI SF" <Michael dot Ellery at barclaysglobal dot com>
Subject: RE: searching through text field
Date: Jun 10 1999 9:12PM

Since you are using double quotes( qq() ), perl tries to interpolate vars --
I'd say it's probably trying to interpolate the hash %searchstring, which I
assume is empty.  try a \ before each % to escape those characters.

Just a guess, though....

Michael Ellery
Barclays Global Investors
45 Fremont St., 6th Floor #102
San Francisco, CA  94105
(415) 908-7234 [PH],  (415) 597-2352 [FAX]