From: Andrei Nossov <anossov at yahoo dot com>
Subject: Re: Problems with dynamic sybperl on hpux..
Date: Jun 8 1999 6:58PM

--- Andrei Nossov  wrote:
> --- Michael Peppler  wrote:
> > Andrei Nossov writes:
> >  > --- Michael Peppler
> wrote:
> >  > > Andrei Nossov writes:
> >  > >  > Hi sybperl gurus
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > I have some problem with dynamic linking
> of
> >  > > sybperl.
> >  > >  > It keeps giving me silly 'unresolved
> symbol'
> >  > > messages:
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > ...
> >  > >  > /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
> bsd_tcp
> >  > > (code)
> >  > >  > from /opt/sybase/lib/libtcl.sl
> >  > >  > ...
> >  > >  >
> >  > >
> >  > > Can't you simply add -linsck to the
> EXTRA_LIBS
> > line
> >  > > and build it
> >  > > dynamically?
> >  >
> >  > No, Michael, that's exactly the problem.. The
> > message
> >  > above was received when EXTRA_LIBS had -linsck.
> >
> > This is really weird.
> >
> > I wonder if setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH might fix
> > things?
> >
> > Which compiler are you using?
> >
> > Could the order of the libraries be important (it
> > shouldn't, but who
> > knows....)
> >
> > Michael
> > --
>
> Thanks for the new clues -- I didn't try these!
>
> I am using HP's extended ANSI compiler (cc
> -D_HPUX_SOURCE -Aa). I will play with
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> and libraries order and let everybody know if
> there's
> a result.
>
> Andrei

I think I found the reason why it didn't work -- seems
like it was our SQL Server 11.03 instance. Maybe it is
just broken. LD_LIBRARY_PATH or libraries order change
had not make the difference..
But the funny thing is that DB library works fine with
it..
So, I changed SYBASE home to another version (11.5)
and everything works OK now, though database is still
11.03 (appears to be back-compatible?).

Michael, I really appreciate your help, as everyone
else, I guess.

Deep regards,
Andrei.