From: Steven Cruz <steve at nextopia dot com>
Subject: Re: Disk Init raw disks on Linux
Date: Jun 8 1999 2:03PM

Hello;

	I just read this and was wondering about reading from RAW devices, and
user level threads. Dose the data server not perform better when reading
from raw devices? When reading the a file OS will suspend the dataserver
process until the IO request is complete. For one query you may not
notice a difference. However what about 10 quires? Concurrent throughput
will be slower if the other nine process do not need to perform any file
reads.