From: Andrei Nossov <anossov at yahoo dot com>
Subject: Problems with dynamic sybperl on hpux..
Date: Jun 8 1999 12:31AM

Hi sybperl gurus

I have some problem with dynamic linking of sybperl.
It keeps giving me silly 'unresolved symbol' messages:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: bsd_tcp (code)
from /opt/sybase/lib/libtcl.sl

I could get it working only using STATIC link type and
linking libinsck statically as well (by the way, I had
to hack the Makefile for this, since CONFIG doesn't
recognize -l:libinsck.a format in EXTRA_LIBS). I
myself could stand the static link, but perl gets 500k
bigger and it considerably affects general
performance..

Has anybody ever run into something like this?
My platform is HP-UX 10.20, perl 5.005.03, sybperl
2.10.02

Any help is appreciated

Regards,

Andrei