From: Steven Cruz <steve at nextopia dot com>
Subject: Re: mod_perl problem
Date: Jun 4 1999 3:07PM

Michael Peppler wrote:

> Steven Cruz writes:
>  > Hello;
>  >
>  >      I do not have a problem with direcrtly with sybperl, but since I have
>  > read that people have gotten it to work with mod_perl, I thoguht I would
>  > ask here also.
>  >
>  >      I have mod_perl up and running on a web server (my development machine
>  > dose not have mod_perl) and I was able to recompile/install perl, and
>  > compile/install sybperl also. My scripts work form the command line no
>  > problem:)
>
> Is sybperl installed statically?
>
> If so - that won't work.
>
> You must install sybperl with dynamic loading.

	Hello;

	I restart from the beginning. Installed perl 5.00503, and install
syberperl. From the command line it all works fine. :) How ever with
mod_perl it fails. :(

This is what I see in Apache error log.
[Fri Jun  4 09:54:46 1999] [notice] Apache/1.3.6 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux)
mod_perl/1.19 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri Jun  4 09:55:57 1999] [error] Can't locate Sybase/CTlib.pm in @INC
(@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
. /etc/httpd/ /etc/httpd/lib/perl) at SKCDBUtil.pm line 7.

(This is form the command line Perl -V)
Oddly enough

  Built under linux
  Compiled at Jun  3 1999 16:59:50
  @INC:
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i686-linux
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i686-linux
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005

	It seems that mod perl is running a different version of perl. How I do
not know. This their a way where I can force what version of Perl to
use? Some configuration that I did not set?

	This is under Linux, redhat version 6.0.

Thank you very much.

8-)
Steven Cruz