From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: DBD::Sybase bug with AutoCommit = 0
Date: Jun 3 1999 11:05PM

Spending some more time looking at this code I realize there's another
insidious bug here.

If you prepare more than one statement on the same database handle
(which, with DBD::Sybase requires the driver to open additional
connections to the server) then any commit() or rollback() calls will
only affect the "primary" statement.

In CHAINED transaction mode secondary statements will probably be
rolled back (ie the commit is never generated), and in non-CHAINED
mode the secondary statements will be auto-committed.

This is obviously not very good, and I'll try to find the time to fix
that ASAP.

I repeat that this only affects programs where $h->{AutoCommit} == 0,
and where you have more than one active statement on a single $dbh.