From: "W dot Phillip Moore" <wpm at ms dot com>
Subject: Re: perl (not DB_File.so) linked with -ldb on IRIX 6.5, breaking sybperl
Date: May 27 1999 6:03PM

>>>>> "Chip" == Chip Salzenberg  writes:

Chip> Right.  I thought about changing that in 5.004_05, but it would
Chip> have been a lot of original work and I needed to get the patch
Chip> out.  But perhaps for 5.005_5x it would be reasonable to
Chip> eliminate all of the extension-specific libraries from $libs,
Chip> then have arch-specific hints add them back in where they're
Chip> needed.  (Sometimes they are.)

Short term, I can work around this with a local hints-file hack.

Michael Peppler mentioned that sybperl also has problem building with
the default Red Hat Linux version of perl for almost the same reason.
perl is linked with libndbm.so, which *also* has a dbopen() function.

Should this be reported "officially" to perlbug, then, to get a real
bug ID?