From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Module Question
Date: May 27 1999 2:15PM

Dave Edwards writes:
 > Hi there,
 >
 > I'm new to Perl and SybPerl.  Seems there's a lot of that going around on this list today.
 >
 > Anyway, I was wondering, is it best to use DBLib or CTLib?  Does it matter or does it depend on what you want to accomplish?

If you are starting out, and have no particular previous experience
with the C language APIs, then I would suggest you use CTlib. It's the
API that Sybase recommends everyone use for new code, and it's the API
that will receive improvements as the dataserver changes.

DBlib *is* a little easier to use, but it does not support everything
(for example numeric/decimal).