From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Help Getting Started
Date: May 27 1999 1:11AM

Noelle Schreiber writes:

 > I'm fairly new to PERL and need some assistance in getting started.  I am trying
 > to connect to a Sybase db using the Sybase::DBlib module in order to extract
 > some data and manipulate it.  Unfortunately, I can't get my script to compile
 > because it gives me the following errors:

Sybase::DBlib and Sybase::CTlib (ie sybperl) is discussed on the
sybperl mailing list, at sybperl-l@listproc.net. You subscribe by
sending a message to listproc@list.cren.net with 'subscribe sybperl-l'
in the body of the message.

 > 	[165] noelles@rc127: perl snapshotv3.pl
 > 	syntax error in file snapshotv3.pl at line 10, next 2 tokens "use
 > 	Sybase"

My guess is that you have a perl4 binary.
Run
	perl -v
and see what it reports.

Maybe you have a perl5 binary somewhere on your system called perl5,
or something similar.

Alternatively, talk to your System Administrator to find out where the
correct perl binary is located.