From: Neil Ratzlaff <Neil dot Ratzlaff at ucop dot edu>
Subject: 1003 to 1111
Date: May 20 1999 7:11PM

We are trying to switch from Sybase OpenClient 1003 to 1111 and perl
scripts break.  The old versions of perl 5.004 and sybperl 2.09  were not
touched.

This message appears:
Message number: LAYER = (5)  ORIGIN = (3)   SEVERITY = (4)   NUMBER = (3)
Message string:  ct_connect(): network packet layer:  internal net library
error:  Specified server name attribute could not be found
Died at line 43

The lines of code are:
Line 42  $pwaDbh = new Sybase::CTlib $USR, $PASSWD, $SRVR, pwa;
LIne 43   if (!(defined(pwaDbh))) ( die; )

The first part of the program defines which version of OpenClient to use by
specifying the directory.  We must be missing something simple, but what is
it?

Thanks for any help,
Neil