From: "Patrick Farley" <patrick dot farley at dyadsodality dot com>
Subject: SybPerl use with Netscape HTTP server
Date: May 19 1999 7:19PM

This is probably a pretty stupid question, but I'm just learning perl.  Be
gentle. :-)

I got my perl script to run fine from the command line.  It outputs standard
HTML code and should work fine. When I run it from a web page as a cgi
script it fails with:

at
/opt1/NetScape/SuiteSpot/enterprise-3.6/suitespot/docs/infra/cgi-bin/sysaudi
t/test.pl line 3 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/opt1/NetScape/SuiteSpot/enterprise-3.6/suitespot/docs/infra/cgi-bin/sysaudi
t/test.pl line 3.

Line 3 is the use Sybase::DBlib;

I suspect it is my environment variables, but I have no idea how to set that
up.
I've attemped to use the $ENV{"SYBASE"} and $ENV{"LD_LIBRARY_PATH"} to force
the settings inside the script, but it still doesn't want to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Patrick