From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: DBD::Sybase 0.15
Date: May 17 1999 8:59PM

Matthew O. Persico writes:

 > In DB-Lib, there were two handlers, err and msg. One was for server-side
 > messages, the other for client side (I think). In CTLib there are quite
 > a few, although I am not sure of the differences in which types of
 > errors they handle. What types of errors will trigger this code ref
 > (i.e, which CT-callback is this registered to?)

This one is for the server callback, ie any SQL or server generated
error/message. It does not trap client side errors (such as server
name not found in interfaces file, for example), and it doesn't trap
any of the other potential callbacks, but those shouldn't be seen
anyway as they relate to asynch programming and similar stuff.

Now trapping client side errors is IMHO acceptable as those are always
errors, never warnings that you want to inhibit. You can always
redirect that stuff with a __WARN__ or a __DIE__ handler.

Michael