From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: DBI::DBD SYBASE OR SYBASE::CTLIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: May 17 1999 7:58PM

EOP Sofienne bahri writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I'm using perl to develop a web oriented database application. The
 > original database is under sybase 10.0. I would like to Know  for the
 > future development, which package i will use (sybperl or DBI::DBD
 > SYBASE) and which Interface will be supported for the future
 > (performance, extensive database access, etc...)

Both will be supported.

Sybperl (Sybase::CTlib or Sybase::DBlib) is closer to the "normal"
Sybase way of doing things, and is more mature (development started in
1990!).

DBD::Sybase is more recent and therefore a little more prone to bugs
(IMHO).

Which one you choose will mostly depend on whether you need
portability of your perl code to other databases (the SQL will likely
not be portable anyway if you use stored procs).