From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: sybperlers help!!
Date: May 13 1999 3:03PM

Krishna Kumar writes:
 > hi sybperlers,michael
 > can someone help me
 > i am trying to use wdb...here which is in perl,sybperl and lets me open
 > a web based database
 >
 > i get the following error when i try to run it over the browser
 > Undefined Subroutine &main::dblogin called at /etc/httpd/syb_dbi.pl

Ah well here we have a problem.

First wdb is pretty outdated, and that's what's really causing the
problem...

 > package WDB_DatabaseInterface;
 > require	"sybperl.pl";

OK - what happens here is that the sybperl functions are imported into
the WDB_DatabaseInterface package, not into main, so

 >     $dbproc = &main'dblogin( $user, $pswd, $server );

now fails.

You may be able to go around this by

	a) edit the file and remove all the &main' qualifyers.
	b) do a require sybperl.pl in the "main" package before
	   calling this module/file.