From: Zion_Huang at focusppo dot com
Subject: SUMMARY:Need Help on Installation
Date: May 10 1999 5:41PM

First of all, Many thanks to Michael's help.

I have resolved my sybperl installation problem with Linux.

The trick is to make sure the Perl build does not include -ldb and -lndbm.
A quick way to check out is to issue perl -V:libs to see the your current
Perl libs setup including these or not.
Most of the per-compiled Perl do include -ldb and sybperl v2 will not work
with sybperl.

At least this seems to be the case for Linux as well as for Solaris 2.6.
(If your experience is otherwise, please make your comment to the list to
clarify)

Originally, I thought -ldb and -lndbm just Linux specific issue, but my
experience seemed to tell me not so.

Perl  built with Threading is also a potential problem with Sybperl, so
recommend not to use thread when building the Perl which will be used with
sybperl.

I am testing my installation procedures on the second Solaris box, if I
have found the correct steps to get them working, I may post a summary on
this list as well for future users' reference.

Zion Huang

Michael Peppler  on 05/07/99 06:34:07 PM

Please respond to SYBPERL-L@listproc.net