From: Lance Andersen <lancea at sybase dot com>
Subject: Re: "use" Sybase command with CTlib
Date: May 7 1999 10:19PM

commands are send as either language, prepared statments or rpcs...

We provide a util called Ribo which comes with jConnect 4.1/5.0 and
can be downloaded from the jConnect site to see the customer
allowed transmistions (errors, queries, resultsets).

You might find this helpful.  If you find bugs, email me directly...

this will also shipe with ASE 12.0

Ribo requires at least jdk 1.x..

lance

> On Fri, 7 May 1999 John_Erjavec@cargill.com wrote:
>
> >      $dbh->ct_sql("use $dbname");
> >
> >>   $dbh->dbuse($dbname);
>

> I've wondered how these functions work under the hood.  The second dbuse()
> style syntax seems preferable, since you might expect that the database
> change is made in some binary, faster way than the first, which needs to
> parse a string.
>
> Or does the dblib dbuse just end up sending a "use dbname" string to the
> db for interpretation?
>
> I guess my real question is what sort of communication does ct/dblib have
> with the server that isn't strings of T/SQL?
>
> -Tim

Lance J. Andersen			Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering	Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street			Fax:  (781) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!!              Let's Go Penguins!!!