From: "Tiep Vo" <tiepvo at hotmail dot com>
Subject: Error Messages
Date: May 3 1999 5:25AM

Hi,
	I have used to the following callback routines to get back the error
messages, and they worked great with Adaptive Server 11.9, and the Sybperl
2.1.

use Sybase::CTlib;
ct_callback(CS_CLIENTMSG_CB, \&client_msg_cb);
ct_callback(CS_SERVERMSG_CB, "server_msg_cb");

However when I ran the same routines on SQL Server 11.0 and Sybperl 2.09, I
encountered some problems.  If I tried to insert a row that contains
insufficient parameters, I get the correct error message back which shows
that it's working properly.

Server Error: Insert error: column name or number of supplied values does
not match table definition.

But if I insert a row of data that violates a unique constraint, I get the
following message and my script would die.

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

I ran the same command in the sql command line interface, and got back the
appropriate error message. I don't know why Sybperl doesn't return it.

Thanks,
Tiep Vo