Up Prev Next
From: "Tiep Vo" <tiepvo at hotmail dot com>
Subject: Error Messages
Date: May 3 1999 5:25AM
I have used to the following callback routines to get back the error
messages, and they worked great with Adaptive Server 11.9, and the Sybperl
However when I ran the same routines on SQL Server 11.0 and Sybperl 2.09, I
encountered some problems. If I tried to insert a row that contains
insufficient parameters, I get the correct error message back which shows
that it's working properly.
Server Error: Insert error: column name or number of supplied values does
not match table definition.
But if I insert a row of data that violates a unique constraint, I get the
following message and my script would die.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
I ran the same command in the sql command line interface, and got back the
appropriate error message. I don't know why Sybperl doesn't return it.
Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com