From: Nathan Pilatzke <nathan at info dot load-otea dot hrdc-drhc dot gc dot ca>
Subject: two sybperl questions
Date: Apr 20 1999 2:33PM

well, now that i've got sybperl up and running i can get to the real
questions:

1) when i execute a 'select' statement the date is returned in a
dd/mm/yy format, can i manipulate this to mm/dd/yyyy, i'd rather used
database commands than fixing it with a perl subroutine (even if you
could point to a section of a manual somewhere for me, that would be
great).

2) some character set other than the default was used to store the data,
can i find out which one, and how do i switch character sets in my perl
cgi script (e' shows up as U').

thanks Mr. Peppler for your help in setting up sybperl,
nathanp.