From: "Jackie Wilson" <Jackie dot Wilson at swordmicro dot com>
Subject: stderr and cgi
Date: Apr 13 1999 8:44PM

Hey folks,

It seems (from perusing the archives) that the problem
I'm encountering is not uncommon.  I've got a Netscape
Enterprise server and every time sybperl writes a message
to stderr my cgi scripts bail because a valid http header
has not been generated.  I know that the short answer is
to "print $query->header();" at the top of the script
but that is not a good solution in my case.

I would like to have a general logging mechanism for sybperl.
I want to log each open, close and execute as well as trap
any messages written to stderr to a file.  Has anyone written
something like this that I can "borrow"?

Jackie Wilson
Sword Microsystems, Inc.