From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Destroying.
Date: Apr 9 1999 2:58PM

David Hajoglou writes:
 > I thought that my variables would act that way.  We are using Sybase to
 > connect to a SQL server (something we are trying to change).  Every now
 > and then we are getting errors of exceeding out user limmit.  Perhaps the
 > handle is being properly destryed, byt the server doesn't catch it and
 > still thinks a connection is there.  Have you encountered this at
all?

No, but then I don't have a huge experience with modperl & sybase
(yet!)

The other possibility is that you have a fairly large number of
simultaneous requests, and you reach the connection limit set in teh
SQL server (which you can change via sp_configure). How many apache
children have you configured, and how many connections in the SQL
server?