From: "David E Shapiro" <shapi003 at mc dot duke dot edu>
Subject: Re: Error while make test
Date: Apr 9 1999 2:38PM

That worked.  What is the dbpoll and what is the affect of putting
something like dbpoll(10000000)?

David

Michael Peppler  on 04/09/99 10:16:26 AM

Please respond to SYBPERL-L@listproc.net

 To:      SybPerl Discussion List

 cc:

 Subject: Error while make test

David E Shapiro writes:
 > Hello,
 > I am having an error occur during make test.  Here is information on the
 > steps leading up to the error.  Note that my environment variables are
as
 > such:

 > # LINKTYPE
 > # If you wish to link Sybase::DBlib and/or Sybase::CTlib statically
 > # into perl uncomment the line below and run the make normally. Then,
 > # when you run 'make test' a new perl binary will be built.
 > LINKTYPE=static

Any particular reason for using static linking?

 > Files=2,  Tests=52,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.44 cusr +  0.13 csys =  0.57
CPU)
 > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 ./../perl -I../blib/arch -I../blib/lib
 > -I/opt/lib/perl5/5.00502/sun4-solaris -I/opt/lib/perl5/5.00502 -e 'use
Test
 > ::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
 > t/dblib.............Can't call method "dbsqlok" on an undefined value at
 > t/dblib.t line 132.

This is probably due to the weird dbpoll() bug in recent EBFs for
OpenClient. Edit DBlib/t/dblib.t and change
     Sybase::DBlib->dbpoll(-1);
     Sybase::DBlib->dbpoll(10000000);

and things should work again.