From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Destroying.
Date: Apr 8 1999 9:29PM

David Hajoglou writes:
 > After much toil over persistant connections, we decided against them for
 > several reasons.  So, now we do per script connection/disconnection.  if I
 > make a var $d the database handle, is this a good or bad way to disconnect
 > the handle:

You use apache & modperl, correct?

Normally the my'd variable should be destroyed when the script exits,
but if this doesn't seem to be the case you can wrap your code in a
block {} or in a sub and the handle will automatically be destroyed
when it goes out of scope. You can verify this by setting the
Sybase::DBlib::debug() value to TRACE_DESTROY.