From: Narasayya Immid <narasan at yahoo dot com>
Subject: dblib connection question..
Date: Mar 24 1999 1:53AM

Hi Everyone,

    I am using sybperl DBlib to connect to database, as

foreach $server (keys % SYNC_SERVER_LIST)
{
$dbh2 = Sybase::DBlib->dblogin("$user",$user_pwd,$server);

  if($dbh2 != null)
     ....do some action..
}

The connection is been called in a loop for three sybase servers. If for
some reason, one server is down, the above login call aborts the entire
program, by giving a
message : DB-Library: Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or
does not exist.

I did not abort in errorhandler() and messagehandler() functions.

 I wanted the control goes to the remaining servers, is there any way to
do that?

- Thanks in advance.

- Narasayya