From: "Patrick S dot Leung" <pleung at easygroup dot com>
Subject: cgi-perl-sybperl: separating them?
Date: Mar 18 1999 3:23PM

Hi Michael,

I was browsing list-proc, and saw this posting regarding Roleigh who
asked you to show a complete cgi-perl-sybperl example.  I am quite
interested to know what you mean by separating the html and cgi-scripts
for professional work, and what would those different set of functions
be?

Thanks, Patrick

Roleigh Martin writes:
 > Thanks Michael, Couple of questions: 1. Did I ask for everything
correct to be
 > installed by our System Admin folks?

I believe so.

 > 2. Was your reply only the CGI/Perl
 > program -- what would the web page look like? (here is an empty html
web page
 > created by word97):

In this case the web page itself is built dynamically inside the CGI
script.

Although for professional work I usually separate out the html from the
CGI script - but that goes beyond your request and involves a whole
different set of functions.