From: Bill Dossett <bill at bill dot co dot uk>
Subject: Re: datetime funkiness ... more
Date: Mar 16 1999 2:41PM

I've managed to get isql to work (I was using -H instead of -S )
and it produces the full datetime.  I'm really chasing something I don't
understand.  I used the ct_sql.pl... modified it and it spit out the
whole
date and time.  My test program still wouldn't.  I kept taking bits one
line at a time and finally the two programs were identical and one spit
out the date and time and my test program wouldn't.  Then I moved my
test
program to the same place as ct_sql.pl and it then spit out the whole
date and time.

Then I got frustrated and rebooted the system... now neither the
ct_sql.pl
or my test program will get the full date and time, only the date.  Yet
isql
shows the whole date.  I'm not sure what user I was... I thought I was
root,
and probably did a source .profile in /opt/sybase.  As it seemed like
one
xterm window it worked in and another it didn't, I'm thinking it has do
do with what user I am or something but I can't recreated the conditions
that it worked under now.  Sorry this sounds so bizarre, I certainly
feel like
I'm in the twilight zone at the moment.   If anyone has any ideas on
what could
be happening I'd appreciate it.  Thanks

Bill

--