From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: space on the disk
Date: Feb 26 1999 9:56PM

Dave Waller writes:
 > I have run out of space on the disk and can't seem to figure
 > out where I should find docs on this.  Actually docs on
 > Sybase seem to be abundant, perhaps too abundant, I can
 > never seem to find the right one to read.

This isn't a sybperl question, as I'm sure you're aware.

You can't increase the size of a device.
What you need to do is create a new device (disk init) and then extend
the database that's too small onto that device (alter database).

THis is all explained in the System Administration manual and in the
Reference Manual. See http://sybooks.sybase.com for details.