From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: how to handle a message
Date: Feb 26 1999 3:14PM

Samer Bashir writes:
 > failure: for host trying to POST /cgi-bin/hdchgpwd1.pl, cgi-parse-output
 > reports: the CGI program /usr/fasttrack/cgi-bin/hdchgpwd1.pl did not
 > produce a valid header (name without value: got line "password correctly
 > set.")
 >
 > I understand when you use sp_password the procedure (if execute fine)
 > will execute sp_getmessage 17721, @msg output.
 > And I now there is a way to handle this message using sybperl,
 > but I do not know how.

The message is handled by the "message handler". See sybutil.pl for an
example.
By default these messages are printed to the STDERR file handle. For
any normal web server this is sent to the error log, but the netscape
server for some reason insists on sending STDERR output to the browser
instead. You could fix this error by making sure that you've printed
the header before you execute the sp_password proc.