From: Frank Solomon <sysfrank at POP dot UKY dot EDU>
Subject: Re: Msg 2409 - "iso_1" charset?
Date: Feb 24 1999 8:07PM

I recently faced a similar problem and solved it by installing the
character set on the server rather than trying to fix the client side; but
I'd be interested in hearing about the environment variable:  I spent a
couple of hours looking through the Sybase documentation for it and all I
could find were command-line switches for their utilities.

Frank

At 02:11 PM 2/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>..so I looked through the FAQ and other documentation, didn't see any
>reference to this error:
>
>Msg 2409, Level 11, State 2 Server 'SYBASE', Line 1 Cannot find the
>requested character set in Syscharsets: name = 'iso_1'
>
>I get it whenever running a sybperl extraction, but the data comes back
>correctly.  I imagine this is an environemnt variable issue; any help is
>appreciated.
>
>Solaris 2.5.1
>Sybase 11.0.2P
>SybPerl 2.10