From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Msg 2409 - "iso_1" charset?
Date: Feb 24 1999 7:42PM

James Davis writes:
 > ..so I looked through the FAQ and other documentation, didn't see any
 > reference to this error:
 >
 > Msg 2409, Level 11, State 2 Server 'SYBASE', Line 1 Cannot find the
 > requested character set in Syscharsets: name = 'iso_1'

Is your server running on Solaris 2.x too?
In that case someone's removed the iso_1 charset from syscharset -
it's normally there by default.

If your server is running in some other environment you can normally
get your DBA to install the iso_1 character set on the server.

Alternatively you can set the charset for the client (at least if
you're using DBlibrary) via DBSETLCHARSET(). Typically NT servers use
the cp850 character set.