From: Michael Ellery <mellery at yahoo dot com>
Subject: Re: Process hangs with CTlib but not DBlib
Date: Feb 22 1999 11:03PM

Yes...the open() statement works fine and the executable then starts
(I can see it there when I do a "ps -ef").  In the CTlib script, the
process just stays on the list and never takes any CPU time. In the
DBlib script, the process runs for about 20 seconds (which is what I
expect) and then exits properly allowing the script to end.  If I were
to leave the CTlib script running, the process that was started by the
open() statement would just sit there forever and never return.  Yikes!

Thanks,
Mike

---Michael Peppler  wrote:

> Michael Ellery writes:
>  >
>  > Sometime last week, I posted a question to the list about a third
>  > party application that I need to execute from perl script.  The
>  > problem I have is that the process simply stops (sits on the
process
>  > stack but never consumes any CPU time) when I "use CTlib" but it
runs
>  > fine (executes and exits) when I "use DBlib".  To verify this, I
>  > created two scripts which differed only by the "use
Sybase::DBlib" vs
>  > the use "Sybase::CTlib" statement.  There are no actual calls to
>  > either package so I was just demonstrating that the mere presence
of
>  > CTlib seems to cause the application to hang.
>
> Do you know where in the script it hangs?
>
> Michael
> --
> mpeppler@mbay.net       -||-  http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler

==